We act on local and trans-border M&A transactions. Our goal is to offer clients the most efficient structure for achieving their economic rationale.
Our team advises sellers, buyers and other interested parties on all aspects of mergers and acquisitions in Bulgaria including:
- preliminary clarification on the available techniques for effecting the purchase or sale of target enterprise;
- merger control framework in Bulgaria
- shedding light on specific risks and providing in-depth risks analysis on factors accompanying the deal;
- legal due diligence for the buyer including review of all financial records plus anything else deemed material to the sale;
- when our team acts for the for the seller, we usually perform due diligence on the buyer’s ability to purchase, as well as other items that would affect the purchased entity or the seller after the sale has been completed;
- tools to protect the deal such as confidentiality agreement, no-talk and no-shop agreements in Bulgaria
- contractual and fiduciary duties when management enters a merger in Bulgaria (“fiduciary out” clause);
- structure of the transaction such as merger, asset acquisition, shares acquisition in limited liability company, stock acquisition in JSC etc.;
- negotiating and preparing the necessary documents for effecting the transformation;
- obtaining clearances from the relevant institutions for effecting mergers and acquisitions in Bulgaria.